About Student's Corner
TradeUpManitoba.com enables youth to discover what they need to know and do to find a career path that is rewarding, meaningful and right for you.
The Student’s Corner is an informative, engaging and fun online opportunity for students to earn and learn through contests, challenges and lesson plans. This tab is designed to help students make an informed choice about a career in construction.
“Ground yourself in values that last, like honesty, hard work, responsibility, fairness, generosity, respect for others.”
– President Barrack Obama
Finding a Career Path that is meaningful, rewarding and right for you!
If you are thinking about the construction trades as a career option. Here are some questions you need to ask yourself. To help you answer these questions navigate around this website to help answer your question and how it fit into your journey.
- What trade I want to do?
- What path do I want to take, post secondary training or should I start off with no skills, working as a labourer and working my way up?
- Where do I go get training for this trade?
- How much is it going to cost?
- What related subjects can I take while I am still in school?
- What are the top three skills I need to know for this trade?
- What are some of the essential Skills for this Trade?
- What safety certification is needed? And can I get some certification now? Who offers safety certification?
- Can I work in both commercial and residential sector with my skills for this trade?